If youre looking for a place to stay cool this summer while stimulating your busy child you might want to check out the San Diego Children's Discovery Museum in Escondido, CA. Some think its a wonderful place to take your child while others think is mediocre - I thought it was great as it entertained my one-year-old to a tee, but older kids might find it a bust.
WHATS GREAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN'S DISCOVERY MUSEUM?
- Child-sized supermarket
- Various-sized building blocks
- Climbing structure
- Outside bubbles
- Occasional painting
- Souvenir store with creative toys
- Keeps you out of the sun
WHATS NOT SO GREAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN'S DISCOVERY MUSEUM?
- Small compared to other children's museums
- Geared for kids under 5
- Occasional renovations and temporarily shut down sections
- Good for 1-2 hours, but probably not any longer than that
Make sure you pack a lunch, as you can eat it outside at their provided tables. They also sell kid-friendly snacks there, but selection is limited.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
Adults/Children - $6.00
Under 1 Year - FREE
Membership - $85.00/family
***They occasionally run deals on Living Social for family membership of $39.00 - what a bargain!
WHAT ARE THEIR HOURS?
9:30a-4:30p every day
TIPS FOR VISITING THE CHILDREN'S DISCOVER MUSEUM?
- Go early. This place (especially in the summer) gets packed after 10:30 with energetic kids!
- Pack a lunch.
- This is a great opportunity to bond with your child, so dress comfortably as you might be climbing around too!
WHAT ELSE YOU CAN DO WHILE YOURE THERE?
If you do feel like being outside, just cross the street to Grape Day Park. This little eclectic park provides everything from life-sized grapes as a climbing structure to life-sized games and is bound to be a hit for all ages.